Thank you to our artists and community for supporting Salem Arts Association. We had an outstanding 2021 season. We're taking a Winter break to plan our 2022 events and exhibitions.
We will be closed through March 5, 2022.
Salem Arts Association offers several opportunities for artist members to share their artwork with the community. One is our Gallery Shop at Salem Arts Association for retail sales. We invite all artist members to submit your creations for sale.
Gallery Shop Submission Information
Scheduled take-in dates will be announced in our emails to members and on our calendar of events with opportunity to refresh our shop inventory and to bring in new artwork or to remove/replace older artwork inventory.
Gallery Shop Items should be priced at no higher than $500.00.
Artists are required to have a an Artist Bio/Statement at the time of submission if not already on file. You may provide a one-page file with your information or request we use your artist online profile information. PLEASE make sure your your online profile is up to date.
Please bring a liberal supply of business cards.
Members may submit the following for the Gallery Shop:
Artwork Presentation MUST adhere to our framing guidelines for acceptance.
ALL Artists who display are required to volunteer 3 hours PER MONTH for the Salem Arts Association. To find volunteer opportunities, please visit our Gallery Volunteer page for more info. Email email@example.com with questions or requests to be waived of shop volunteering requirements due to health or disability issues.
Note: Due to the Covid19 Pandemic we will waive volunteer commitments for individuals with high-risk situations. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to volunteer. Artwork may remain on display
Sign up to volunteer here
How to Submit Inventory Information
Here's the summary version. Please read the details below very carefully.
Details - PLEASE READ
Inventory sheets will need to be filled out and updated when entering or removing artwork.
Download Excel: YOURNAME-SAA-shop-inventory-spreadsheet.xlsx
Download Instruction PDF: gallery-shop-inventory-instructions.docx
- On a device with MS Office, simply click on the form link above to download the spreadsheet file.
- On a Mac without Office, click on the link above. It will open in "Numbers". When it is open you will notice you cannot use it yet. Hit the download icon in the top right corner. This will bring a little rectangular window to the bottom left of your screen, as when you download anything. If you click on it to open it, it will automatically switch to the "numbers" program. The spread sheet is now workable for you to use. After completing the inventory, you then "share" document with email@example.com - but a little window pops up asking if you would like to convert it back to the original excel form and the answer is YES
- On an iPad without Office, you can download Apple's spreadsheet program - "numbers" - if you're running IOS 11 (as of this writing). Then proceed as above for a Mac. Alas, Apple no longer supports new installation of Numbers for older versions of IOS.
- Microsoft Office also offers IOS apps for iPhone and iPad and Android.
- If you do not have a spreadsheet app on your device, you can use "Google Sheets". Just save the spreadsheet to your device, go to "google sheets". Start a new blank sheet. click "File->open", then "upload" and select the saved file.
- If you really cannot produce a spreadsheet, you can click here to print this form, then fill it out and someone at SAA will create the spreadsheet for you.
Drop Off at Salem Arts
Deliver inventory to shop, along with a printed copy of the completed Shop Take-in Form on designated drop off day or by appointment.
If you can not print please let us know when you send your files and we can print at the gallery during take in times.
Email shop@SalemArts.org with questions or to request an appointment.
Images for Online Shopping
Artists are encouraged to send photography of your artwork and other items for use online. If the artist provides photos we will add the items to our online shop. If the photo quality is poor to does not meet our photography guidelines we may choose to not publish the items online. Most items, except note cards, may be submitted for online shopping.
The Gallery Shop will make every attempt to give equal display opportunity to all artists accepted. However, it is a juried decision on acceptable art and will also depend on space available. Decisions are made solely by the retail shop committee.
Salem Arts Galleries and Gallery Shop
Hours of operation:
159 Derby Street, St. Salem, Ma